Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The dream!

I have big goals and dreams. Ever since I was a young girl I have wanted to own my own business. The business I want to own has evolved over the years, but one thing has stayed the same I love to work with people, I love seeing people happy, and I love to serve. When I started college I wanted to be a nurse, but I quickly found out that was not the career for me. Within my first month of college a wonderful experience fell into my lap and all of a sudden I was planning an event for the New Student Orientation. I had no idea my life would change from that decision.

I quickly realized that I love to plan events and as I reflected on my life I remembered all the parties, events and activities I had planned over time. My 17 birthday party consisted of over 100 teenagers dancing under a light lit dance floor, a projector screen and a cotton candy machine. My senior year of high school I planned a luncheon for 50 people, made the food and decorated for the event.

This love for planning events did not come out of no where. My mom has been in charge of planning parties my whole life and once I realized this my whole life changed. And now here I am. I want to someday own my own event planning company.  I want to help people know how to plan their own parties and events.  I

To be honest with you the actual party part is not my favorite, it is the planning.  Planning and knowing that when I do all I can and use all my talent people will have a great time and make memories. It is the smile on peoples faces and the memories that are made that is my favorite part about planning a party or event.

My blog title may seem like I know everything there is to know about planning a party and event. Yes, I have had a lot of experience and I do know a lot of tips and trick, but I am not perfect by any means. I want to share my knowledge of event planning with those out there who planning does not come easy to. I want to help with Ideas, tips and tricks to make that birthday party, church party, or charity event the best it can be.

Some day I would love to be planning this:


But most likely i will be planning this:


and that is why I want to help. I want to learn and grow with you to help make the parties and events we throw create memories and relationships. 

stay tune for how to start planning your party later on this week.

Party on! 

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment