Monday, January 30, 2012

Valentine’s Day Party

I belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (If you want to know more you can go here).  In My Church we are given callings or positions of service to help the organizations function.  I have been given the calling of the facilitator which basically means I will be in charge of facilitating the Parties and activities for the group of people I go to church with on a regular basis. This is a calling I have been asked to do for the last year, but yesterday it was finally made official.  I am super excited to do this because now I can implement my ideas and make the activities great.

 I also feel really blessed I get to do what I love and serve others in the process.  When I was given the calling I was told that through these activities many lives will be blessed and changed for the good.  I am excited to see a positive change in my life and serve others through the Lords help.  I know I was given this talent for a reason and I am excited to share what I have to offer. 

For our opening social for the New Year we will be doing a Valentine’s Day dinner and dance.  Valentine’s Day is one of my favorite holidays because I can decorate everything in pink and make it super girly.  

I have a budget of about $250 dollars to feed 80 people and decorate.  When you do the math for that it is not a lot of money to feed a lot of poor married college students.  I did the math and if we set side $175 for food it would come out to be about $2.20 a person.  I am pretty sure you can’t even go to Taco Bell for that.  

And somehow with careful budgeting and planning I will be able to do it… I hope

Here is the meal plan: We will be serving pasta, salad, bread, and dessert.

For the pasta we will be buying pasta from the grocery store ( Sams )and passing it other for people to cook for the party.  You may ask… how do you determine how much pasta to make?  
That is a very good question.  I figured out through research the typical amount of pasta per serving is 4oz uncooked, or about 1 cup uncooked.  This will come out to be about 2 cups of cooked pasta a person

Pasta sauce will be purchased at a local pizza place called Pizza Pie Café.  We can get the pasta sauce by the gallon for very inexpensive.  We will also be getting the bread here. 


The Salad will be purchased at the grocery store ( Winco and Sams)

Dessert is what I am more excited for.  We will be making Better Than “WHATEVER” cake (you can substitute the whatever for any word of your choosing… )  Recipe. 


Decorations are still to be determined.  But there will be a lot of pinks and reds.  I am super excited to see how it all turns out. 


Have you ever planned a Valentine’s Day party? What have you Done?

Party On! 


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment