Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Pinterest... my addiction

Have any of you ever heard of a TED talk? basically TED is a website where presenters can post presentations about anything they are passionate about.  There are some really interesting topics and I suggest if you have never been to ted.com to check it out.

I am in a professional presentations class and we had to to a TED talk.  So basically if you could stand on your soap box for 8-12 minutes what would you want to the world to know.  My love and passion right now is Pinterest.  I believe, from the research I have done that Pinterest is the next big thing in social media.

Pinterest is bringing more referrals to blogs and websites than YouTube, LinkedIn and Google + combined and is quickly surpassing Twitter as well.  Pinterest is not just a place to dream about the things you cannot have or the will get to in the future, but it is a place for people to got out and do.  I know so many people who are constantly creating new projects, making new recipes and getting great ideas from pinterest.

How many of you have actually done something you have pinned on Pinterest?  I know I have.  I make a new recipe or do a new craft at least once a week.  I get ideas to help my creative juices when planning an event or party.  Although Pinterest has not been around very long, just about a year, I believe it is the way of the future.

So... If you have not joined Pinterest or are still waiting for your invite let me know by commenting here and I would be glad to send you an invite.

I would say that I am a Pinterest addict and I don't plan on getting better any time soon.
Need ideas for a party, a recipe or designs? Follow my boards at http://pinterest.com/laurenro/



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment